Total Visits: 439
Best Tips for Cleaning Block Paving
While it's relatively easy to maintain areas of block paving around your house, it's not entirely maintenance free and as a way to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly need routine cleaning. There are also actions that you can use to prevent issues developing with your block paving and this can make the routine maintenance process a lot easier.
Let's have a look at the 5 points that will certainly help keep your drive, path or patio area looking great for many years to come:
- Keep unwanted weeds away. Weeds will not grow over the block paving within the surface area below, however they can start to grow within the joints between the stones. Treating the area surrounding the joints with weed killer, even if you are yet to see any unwanted weeds, can help stop this problem from developing. Prevention is definitely much better than cure in cases like this, as established weeds can be hard to shift completely after they have taken hold.
- Clean the paving regularly. Regularly cleaning your block paving will stop it looking grubby and old. The very best method to clean your paving is to make up a solution of hot water and soap and to use this solution to the paving using a brush with tough bristles. These bristles can likewise help eliminate debris within the joints.
- Take care of algae as soon as possible. If you have block paving which is produced from natural stone, then you might encounter problems with algae, and these problems can begin to show after only a short amount of time. One of the most reliable ways to treat algae is to use regular household bleach, and this must be done as soon as you first notice the algae.
- Consider using a power washer. Using a power washer can truly improve the look of one's block paving by removing all the grime that has built up and help recover the paving to its original colour. This isn't a procedure that should be carried out too often however, because over use of power washers can damage the materials that the paving is made from.
- Seal the joints of the paving. In case you have a great deal of problems with weeds and water getting into the joints of the paving, then using a sealant could help. This will help protect the joints and might minimize the amount of issues that you have with unwanted weeds. It can also extend the life of the block paving.
Maintaining your block paving does not have to be a hard or time intensive job, and the more frequently it's performed, the simpler it will be the next time. If you never carry out any maintenance on your block paving, then at some time in the future you will certainly begin to notice that it doesn't look as great as it used to, and when you get to this point, it may be difficult to put things right.